
Here is Anna's 1st grade school picture.
Lately, I have come to a realization that my baby girl is growing up. Whether it is the way she suddenly doesn't need my help with everyday tasks like brushing her teeth or hair or getting dressed or putting on her shoes and coat...I am not complaining that she has become more independent with some things. At the same time, growing up comes with growing pains. She has been through a few emotional situations as a big first grader that makes my heart groan with mother pains. And I know that this is just the beginning of letting her grow in her knowledge of a heavenly Father who loves her no matter what! It makes my heart soar to see her step into worship and sing to the Lord or ask amazing questions about the Lord or His word or share an insight of Jesus and what He means to her. It makes my heart groan to know that she has and will go through life with its hurts and bruises and mistakes learning to live in the Grace of God that covers all. Today she came home not really herself. She was happy with her papers in her folders, but every little thing set her off or brought quick tears to her eyes. Finally, I found her in the bathroom crying. Well, she accidentally broke a friend's bracelet today and felt terrible about it. She said that she told her she was sorry and her friend said it was OK. Anna made her an apology note to give to her tomorrow, and we had a long talk about forgiveness. So what I learned today...motherhood continues to be best handled on my knees looking to my Father, my darling, precious daughter is learning to trust her heavenly Father for her peace and strength, and my little one is growing up and I must trust our Lord and Savior to finish the good work that He has begun in my daughter. She was humming the hymn "How Great Thou Art" tonight...I'm sure it made our heavenly Father smile.
4 comments:
Hey Sally, I just came across your blog site tonight. Very fun! I wrote a long comment and then it was erased when I had to come up with a google username and password to post a comment! So anyway - I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your "realization" - it is hard to believe that there are such challenges as early as 1st grade! I am encouraged by your reminder that we need to teach our little ones to trust in their Heavenly Father and rely on him - even at an early age. I look forward to keeping up with you through your blog - better yet - let's really get our little guys together for a playdate this winter! :)
Hey Sally! What an awesome post! You are a great writer! So good to hear about Anna, what a special heart she has! Getting ready for Thanksgiving here. Have a great week! Laura
Hey Sally! What a great post! You are a great writer, and Anna looks so pretty! Getting ready for Thanksgiving today. Have a great one! Laura
Whooops, sorry I left sooo many. duh!!!
Post a Comment