Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fever

This is day 2 of Anna's fever. I'm just wondering...when do you take your children to the doctor? I never know when to go or when to wait it out. I usually end up taking her and wondering if it was really necessary. I know that antibiotics don't help viruses. The problem is Anna has had strep the past three years every winter--3X last winter to the point they were about to send us on to see a specialist-ugh! So, I feel that I should take her to make sure we don't start down that road again. But...I hate going if we don't need to. Anyway, I need some mama's support here...I just want to know when you take your kids...or I guess given support that I'm not crazy for taking her.

So, we've watched TOO MANY movies for the past two days. Although I've been in and out of the back room, I'm sick of the constant TV. David has been a crazy, cutie today. His latest adventures include enjoying opening the refrigerator and getting out his gallon of milk several times a day, turning over his little table and unscrewing the legs to bang them together or whatever he thinks of, pulling out the DVD and VCR and rearranging the cables and plugging them in where he thinks they belong, and taking off all his clothes including his diaper when he wakes up in the morning, after his nap, and whenever he feels the need during the day. Maybe after marching band season, I shall attempt potting training...I'm just not up to it yet!

Pray for my little one--she seems pretty miserable and hasn't realized it yet but is missing her school open house tonight:(

By the way, I can't get blogger to upload any of my pictures...any ideas?

3 comments:

Smileyface said...

Does her throat hurt or have white spots? You don't want to wait too long to take her if it's strep, the sooner she can gets meds, the better. Otherwise if it's just a virus it will have to run it's course. (this is what I've learned at the clinic ;)

Smileyface said...

Teller we're praying for her speedy recovery!!! Love you guys.

Kim said...

Hope Anna feels better soon. David sounds like he is ALL boy. Yowsers. :-)