Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hellllooooo....

I don't really know why I haven't blogged in awhile. I suppose it could be I am too busy reading adoption blogs, filling out adoption papers, researching playground equipment for the PTO, or the other daily tasks like diapers, laundry, laughing, playing, and eating. Oh yeah, don't forget the dishes and the dog. Speaking of Eli, we have signed him (and us) up for some obedience training. It will be six weeks, and we are looking forward to turning him into the perfect dog:) and spending some fun time with Anna!

Here's the news: David is so funny lately with his faces and the things he says. I can't believe we thought that he would never talk. Now, he talks all day long! He and Nate are working through learning to play together...yep, you know time outs and all. He and Anna have really begun to play together which is fun! She has turned him into her puppy and various other animals.

Anna is cruising through second grade which is half over. It is fun to read with her and hear her interpretation of what we are reading. I can't wait to read her journal from school. Her imagination continues to run full speed! She has started playing the piano again and really likes it. Hopefully, we can stick with it and get into a routine. It's a little hard to keep a schedule with Dad (and me) as her teachers. We'll see...

Adoption news: OUR HOME STUDY is DONE!!!!!! The draft has been sent to India through email and back. We are good! So, it now needs to be finalized, signed, and notarized and then.................we will be in the referral stage! That means we will be able to receive a referral whenever a child becomes available! It seems very strange to be at this stage! We are very excited, but also realize it could be awhile (months) before that referral comes! We know that everything is in God's hands and for that we are so thankful! Please keep us in your prayers regarding all of this!

Other news: Ben and my cousin, Justin, returned from a trip to India including village ministry and a crusade. It is HARVEST time in India! Our dear friend Rod is still in India and another crusade will be going on in the next week or so. Also, our dear friends Daniel and Pam are there and planning on staying for six months. We pray that they may encourage the church in their faith and preach the Gospel to those in darkness.

I'm off to change a diaper and get Nate ready for his Dad to pick him up! I love these little guys who are here each day. It can be complete CHAOS, but truly they bless my life!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Congratulations on getting your home study done!!! That's such a relief, isn't it? =)

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. And the reassurance that I'd said the right thing. I need that sometimes. God Bless!