SUMMER TIME! Our first few days of summer have included many new scrapes and bruises, a toddler named David stripping down to pee at the park, poop on the floor, swim team practices, someone throwing their shoes out of the van at the park, two graduations, lots of laughs and some tears too, Anna's first swim at my mom's pool, two chapter books read, two new piano songs learned, an attempt to climb up on top of the TV cabinet, two graduations, lots of yummy food consumed at graduation parties, and FIVE new pictures of our precious daughter in India!!!!
Why do I attempt to take my almost 3 year son to places where he needs to sit and be quiet? I must be a VERY slow learner or maybe I have a memory problem. Yes, we ventured off to graduation in a gym with 300% humidity. Of course we sat right in front of some people who had brought helium balloons for their graduating daughter. Shouldn't my mom-radar gone off before I sat down there? The balloons were too much for David. He just couldn't keep his hands off. He also made two trips to run and give Daddy a hug before the graduation started. On his second return he nose-dived and did a matrix looking move where he somehow balanced on his hands in a sort of push-up in the air move. I was actually quite impressed with his strength and ability to keep from planting his nose into the gym floor. And so it was our first set of tears in the gym. As the speeches were being made, he insisted on standing on my legs so he could see. That was my breaking point. WHY did I even go to graduation? I scooped him up and we exited to the back door. He proceeded to almost grab the light switch that would have turned on several lights in the top area of the gym. I guess my mom-radar is intact because I caught his little paw just in time! We survived and I must have left a puddle of sweat behind. I hate feeling like I need another shower! Off to the parties we went with two tired children. We filled up on cookies, cake, crackers, and all sorts of yummy stuff. We came home with only one wipe out. Anna fell hard on her shins going up someone's cement steps. I felt so bad for her! She fell hard and right in front of several people...OUCH!
We ended the chaos with David in the bath tub and Anna in my mom's pool for her first swim of the year. Now, they are conked out in bed, and Erik gently reminded me of this..."Next year, we will have three of them." Someone please remind me...DON'T GO TO GRADUATION! LET THE TODDLERS TAKE A NAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did forget that the kids saw an awesome fish pond at one home where David got to feed the fish. We also saw a HUGE frog (and I got chewed up by mosquitos! I truly am a mosquito magnet!)
After Anna's swim, we came home to find Erik greeting us with FIVE new pictures of Lydia!!!! I am SO thrilled to see her precious face! She is sitting on the floor eating a cracker. What a sweetie! One day soon...precious baby girl! We are coming! What a blessing to see her again!
By the way, our dossier is on its way to India. It should arrive in India on June 12th. YEAH!!
One last note, the graduating seniors were my very first class. My first year of teaching I taught kindergarten and had several of the seniors that crossed that stage today. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment