Three months ago, these crazy two were doing their best to stay in their seats waiting for their baby girl to be brought in to meet them. I have no idea how long the wait was...we probably chatted with our forever friends who were waiting for their son. We were able to ask questions, but in the moment all those questions I wanted to ask were no where to be found in my mind. I did ask about routines, but other than that...blank. WRITE DOWN your questions! Lately, as I rock Lydia to sleep my mind travels back to India. I think I am starting to process all that has taken place. I remember our first glimpse...oh how tiny, oh how sweet, oh how terrified, oh how I was stuck like glue staring at my heart that just walked into the room...


What a brave little one you are, Lydia Vinita.

Three months later, you are chattering away. Running around at your sister's open house. Yelling "I want ice-cream!" from your car seat! Trying your best to prolong your bedtime routine. You would brush your teeth 10 times if we let you. Tonight we rocked and I laid you down whispering in your ear our love for you. Praying that God prepares your heart for Him and His Grace. You instructed me to lay down on our bed next to you and we held hands through your crib slats. You reached out with your other hand and laid it on top of our other two hands and squeezed slightly. You are my hand holding princess! I love you sweet daughter! I pray for God's grace and wisdom to be your Mama. Three months sweet girl...oh how you've grown, oh how sweet, oh how brave, oh how God's Grace is sufficient.

One of my "invisible" friends (the dear friends that I have connected with through chat rooms that are on the same journey) are headed to Nagpur, India next Wednesday! Praise God! One more little one in the arms of her Mommy and Daddy! And one more Mama and Daddy that will have their hearts and arms full of a precious blessing! Please pray as this family is united next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment