Anna: What can you say about this girlie?
What a blessing! She makes us smile and laugh with all of her comments and stories!
READING: That's her latest love! She wakes up in the morning and will grab the closest book to her bed. She was asked to be in a special book club at school and is busy reading The Prince and the Pauper. She has also discovered My America books at the library. I think she has read 4 or 5. I really appreciate these books that are written as diaries of children during different time periods in US history. They are interesting, full of information, and best of all I have found nothing inappropriate in any of them! Erik started reading the Chronicles of Narnia with her last week. We are now on book 2: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I have never read any of them except this one. The first book, The Magican's Nephew, was really good! She reads some of it, but we are mostly reading these to her. I wasn't sure if she was quite ready for the content, but she really likes them. She also is picking up a lot of the symbolism in them which is fun to discuss. I suppose we will let her watch the movie when we finish. So, she is currently consuming books faster than we can keep up with her!
The past few days of warmer weather have been wonderful for Anna. She LOVES to be outside and has been riding her bike round and round our yard. I could get cranky about the tire marks in the mud, but I really don't care. She wants to take off down the street, but I just can't let her...
Last Friday night, we took the kids to the Kentland McDonald's to let them climb and run through their big, germ infested play area. They were the only kids there, and they had a blast. There is a part of the play set that is really high and is a long net section. It is probably 15 feet long with sections that wiggle. Anna has never gone all the way through it before. I saw her up there contemplating it. I didn't say anything, but I was watching her out of the corner of my eye to see if she would try it. (Anna has also struggled with heights.) She began to inch her way out into the net. Then I heard her saying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, help me. I can do this with you. You died on the cross for me. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..." She kept calling on him inch by inch the whole way through it! I was trying not to laugh because it was quite funny, but at the same time I was overwhelming thankful that she knows who is her strength--Him alone! I shared this story with a friend who so wisely said, "She will have many nets to cross in this life." Yes, she will and Jesus will carry her through each one!
I love you, Anna Renee!
READING: That's her latest love! She wakes up in the morning and will grab the closest book to her bed. She was asked to be in a special book club at school and is busy reading The Prince and the Pauper. She has also discovered My America books at the library. I think she has read 4 or 5. I really appreciate these books that are written as diaries of children during different time periods in US history. They are interesting, full of information, and best of all I have found nothing inappropriate in any of them! Erik started reading the Chronicles of Narnia with her last week. We are now on book 2: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I have never read any of them except this one. The first book, The Magican's Nephew, was really good! She reads some of it, but we are mostly reading these to her. I wasn't sure if she was quite ready for the content, but she really likes them. She also is picking up a lot of the symbolism in them which is fun to discuss. I suppose we will let her watch the movie when we finish. So, she is currently consuming books faster than we can keep up with her!
The past few days of warmer weather have been wonderful for Anna. She LOVES to be outside and has been riding her bike round and round our yard. I could get cranky about the tire marks in the mud, but I really don't care. She wants to take off down the street, but I just can't let her...
Last Friday night, we took the kids to the Kentland McDonald's to let them climb and run through their big, germ infested play area. They were the only kids there, and they had a blast. There is a part of the play set that is really high and is a long net section. It is probably 15 feet long with sections that wiggle. Anna has never gone all the way through it before. I saw her up there contemplating it. I didn't say anything, but I was watching her out of the corner of my eye to see if she would try it. (Anna has also struggled with heights.) She began to inch her way out into the net. Then I heard her saying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, help me. I can do this with you. You died on the cross for me. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..." She kept calling on him inch by inch the whole way through it! I was trying not to laugh because it was quite funny, but at the same time I was overwhelming thankful that she knows who is her strength--Him alone! I shared this story with a friend who so wisely said, "She will have many nets to cross in this life." Yes, she will and Jesus will carry her through each one!
I love you, Anna Renee!
No comments:
Post a Comment