Thursday, September 4, 2008

Playing School

How many of you ladies remember spending hours "playing school"? Or was that just me? Well, Anna seems to be getting to this stage. Last night and tonight, we have spent most of the time either being her students or being her teacher, Mrs. Douglas, while she plays various roles of different children in her class. You must understand that when you play with Anna she usually dictates the things she wants you to say. (She is getting better at letting others think for themselves though:) So, tonight I got scolded for not listening and fidgeting in my chair although I really was lounging on the couch:) It was such a detailed scolding that I asked her if Mrs. Douglas had said those things to her. She informed me, "Of course not, Mommy!"

We also were entertained by Emma, Anna, Leah, Abby, and David's dancing abilities tonight. (Yes, David is learning to dance which involves him sticking his arms behind him and spinning in circles.) The girls all had their "princess" outfits on and put on quite a show! They also had a blast being the princesses in the castle in David's room. So, we had a great family night just being home!!!!!!! Now, the house is quiet and the gentle breeze is blowing and the air is fresh with rain--YEAH!

Me? Well, there is a pile of clean, unfolded laundry at my feet, dirty supper dishes in the sink, and 8 huge flags needing to be sewn! I would never pull myself away from the classroom of our own "Mrs. Douglas" or the dancing princesses for those meaningless tasks!

One more thing, we had our women's Bible study last night, and it was good to be in the Lord's presence. We are studying Mark, and I think we were in chapter 6 or 7. Anyway, it was where the Lord feeds the 5000. We were seeing how He is calling them (and us) to REST completely in Him--NEVER in our own strength. He connects the feeding of the 5000 to when He walks out to the disciplines in the boat. They are striving in their own strength to cross the sea, and here He comes. Anyway, read it and know that He is calling each of us to REST in Him. How refreshing!

2 comments:

Smileyface said...

I was one that played school......and always got in trouble because my brothers had the big bedroom that was a much better classroom ;) So I learned how to be sneaky and make it look like I hadn't been there.
I would take a bar of soap and write on the windows and pretend it was my chalkboard....it washed off easy.....although mom didn't think it was the coolest thing when she found out what i was doing;)

The Timothy's said...

Teleah loves to play school and she has homework that I must check for her quickly so her teacher does not get mad. she scribbles on paper and says it is her very hard math. That is exactly what Seriah says she has very hard math. Tleleah copy's everything