Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Lights Out
Literally, the lights were out for over an hour tonight. I had just settled Anna into bed and was nursing David. (By the way, Erik was gone.) I was feeling pretty good because it looked as if Anna was not going to play her stall tactics tonight by getting up when I am nursing for various "emergencies". Just as I was relaxing and enjoying watching our baby drift off to sleep--BLINK ON--OFF--ON--OFF---OFF! Hoping that Anna was asleep already, I mentally began to wonder if the flashlights got put back where they belong after the last time they were played with in a tent. I heard Anna call out, "I can't see!" I quietly called back, "You are OK. Can you wait a few more minutes, and I'll come in there!" She answers, "I need someone!" By this time, my little guy is sitting up and wondering, "Hey--is it time to play again?" I wandered into Anna's room and together the three of us began the dark trec to find a flashlight. Thankfully, we did not fracture another ankle on the toys that covered the floor! After settling Anna back into bed with a candle in her room, I tried to lay David down thinking that he would slip off into dreamland. Of course I have forgot to mention his craziness of accomplishments in the past couple of days. 1. Standing in his crib screaming at 2:30 AM or you pick the hour not able to get down. 2. Eating little puffs with his "pincher grasp". 3. Crawling everywhere--including behind the couch. 4. Waving bye-bye. 5. Attacking electrical cords and not forgetting how to get back to them after I drag him away. 6. Chewing on the rugs around the house! OK--back to the blackout--David did not slip off into dreamland. He climbed up and began a new discovery of banging and shaking the crib railing. So, after checking on Anna, calling Erik to tell him he can't get in the garage door or see when he comes home, nursing David again, and lighting several different scents of candles, I sat down to play a game on Erik's laptop with the battery pack. Thankfully, the lights are back on and both kids are asleep! I am waiting for Erik to come home and getting a headache from the aroma of five different candles! Hey, I just heard the garage door. I better go unlock the door so he can get in. Sweet dreams! (I've got to blow out these candles!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Man sounds like your evening went alot like mine. Although add a car running out of gas.
Man, David seems like he is ahead of the game! Kinley didn't start a lot of that stuff until he was older. :) I just love it when he decides to bang his crib around to get someone's attention. :)
Post a Comment